Monday, December 13, 2010

Monday blues.

So it's Monday. Not my favorite day of the week. I woke up feeling sick and had my temperature taken with the slowest thermometer in the history of the world. I spent literally ten minutes waiting for it to beep. No fever, but I stayed home from class anyway and now I feel completely fine. I was supposed to hand in a paper today, so María went to the university at the beginning of my class and handed it in for me. She is so cool.

This weekend Irene and Eva went on an overnight trip with a group they are part of, and the house was so quiet. Diego isn't very noisy, especially when he's alone. Irene and Eva left Saturday morning before I woke up, and when I walked out of my room I found their easel chalkboard parked in front of my door. It said something to the effect of "Good night Elise, for tonight and the rest of the nights this weekend. From your flat mates Irene and Eva." Beside her name, Eva wrote "Writing this was my idea".


They make me laugh. On one hand, they are so obnoxious sometimes, because they're kids, but they can also be so sweet. It is obvious that they love having me around, and it makes my life much happier. Diego finally stopped being shy a few weeks ago. Irene spends a lot of time avoiding her homework by talking to me, and Eva is just Eva. Kind of rambunctious and extremely quick to fly off the handle, but when she's done she calms down quickly. All three of the kids think I am hilarious, but mostly when I'm not trying to be funny. They think I make funny faces and the gestures I make when I talk send them into fits of laughter. Like I said, they're kind of obnoxious ;) I can understand why they find it amusing, so I tend to forgive them. Besides, how can I not when they do cute things like write me notes before they leave for overnights?

No comments:

Post a Comment