Monday, July 4, 2011

The last day

Today was the fourth of July. Tomorrow is my last day in Burgos.  I'll leave Burgos at 10 p.m. and get to Madrid at 1:30 a.m. Wednesday morning, spend the night in the airport, and fly out at 7 a.m. It's going to be a very long trip.

Meanwhile, here I am.  It is 2 a.m. in Burgos and I just got back from saying goodbye to my good friend Yana.  My scrapbook is half-finished.  My suitcase is 4 pounds over the airline's limit. My life is chaos.

Today I went to Covarrubias, Santo Domingo de Silos, and Hacinas with María's sister, Eva.  They were all cute little towns and they kind of reminded me of home.  Hacinas was my favorite--it is the least touristy and the most untouched of all of them. Very calm.

They had a good-bye supper for me at María's mom's house tonight.  They are all coming to the bus station to see me off tomorrow, but it was still so sad today.  They have been good to me and I will miss them so much.

Tomorrow I am going to get up, make cookies, somehow take four pounds of stuff out of my suitcase, run some errands, say good-bye to Henar, her family, and my Burgos friends, and try to enjoy Burgos before I leave.

With all of this craziness, I am left thinking:  Life is chaos, but isn't it beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment